I’ve gotten some great feedback from my original PowerShell/PowerCLI script to deploy multiple VMs asynchronously via a CSV file found here. I decided a minor update was needed to employ these new ideas along with a few I had myself.
One of those ideas was to require the usage of the new PowerCLI 5.5 R2 features which allows the script to run without the need for a 32bit PowerShell console.
- Cleaned up code / Minor bug fixes
- Added CSV field descriptions to notes section
- Removed requirement for 32bit PowerShell
- Added requirement for PowerCLI 5.5 R2 or later
- Added Boot parameter to determine whether or not to power on new VMs
- Added OS Customization Spec to CSV (previously was hard coded in user variables)
- Fixed logic for vSS vs vDS – Added parameter to CSV
- Added ability to use DHCP instead of just static IPs
- Renamed a few CSV fields to better describe parameter
- Added progress bar to indicate status