This is something that has bugged me for a while. Though I absolutely love what Veeam brings to the table as far as a backup product is concerned, one issue I have observed in a (fairly) large environment was with the default log file location – you guessed it – C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup
There were times when I’ve witnessed over 40GB of log files filling up the C: drive. It becomes a chore to keep an eye on it and weed them down when needed. Though there were previously options to reduce the amount of log files kept, we have needed them for support purposes in the past so I was reluctant to trim them to tight.
Find the latest version here.
One of the best things about Powershell and the community is the ability to easily find what others have done and improve upon it or tweak it for your own needs. This was the case with a script I found in the Veeam forums a few months back to backup a single VM using Powershell. It worked great (with a minor issue described below) but unfortunately was broken after upgrading to v7. I was able to identify the issues causing it to fail but was not able to rectify them all. Back to the forums I went and with a little help from the folks at Veeam we were back in business.