Find the latest version here.
Once again Veeam has released a new version (v9) and with that comes a new version of My Veeam Report! There are some very interesting new features in this release, with my favorite so far, being the remote console. Let’s take advantage of that, shall we?
The majority of this update was to simply ensure compatibility with VBR v9 so not all new features are covered (yet). Having the ability to use a remote console and the addition of the Connect-VBRServer cmdlet was too tempting…that had to happen, and did. You now have the ability to run/schedule the report on a workstation with only the console installed – very nice. As this allows the script to run from one location but target multiple VBR servers, I’ve included the ability to add the VBR server name to both the report title as well as the email subject. Note the script can only run against a single VBR server at a time – though you could schedule multiple reports configured for different servers. One implication that this had was on the gathering of the license/support info which comes from the registry of the VBR server. I decided to go with a simple WMI call to get the value, which means the user running the script remotely will need full access to the VBR server for this to work.
Another big addition to the family was the missing properties for repository info (total space/free space). This as you may be aware, was a huge thorn in my side and am very happy Veeam has implemented them. This means no more guessing or diving into the database to retrieve this info – much more streamlined and much more accurate. Though I have no way to test myself, I am hoping this will help folks with fancy storage like DataDomains as well (please let me know).
You may have noticed a jump in version for MVR (My Veeam Report). I’ve decided to keep inline with Veeam here as to avoid confusion in the future which version you should run against your environment. The new format is as follows –
VeeamMajorVersion.VeeamUpdateVersion.MVRVersion. That puts us currently at v9.0.1.
I will note one issue I had with v9 – Endpoint jobs do not return the correct Next Run date/time. This has been submitted to Veeam and should be fixed in the near future.
A few other small bits of polish and we are off and running with v9!
Here’s a list of the included changes:
- Initial version for VBR v9
- Updated version to follow VBR version (VeeamMajorVersion.VeeamUpdateVersion.MVRVersion)
- Fixed Proxy Information (change in property names in v9)
- Rewrote Repository Info to use newly available properties (yay!)
- Updated Get-VMsBackupStatus to remove obsolete commandlet warning (Thanks tsightler!)
- Added ability to run from console only install
- Added ability to include VBR server in report title and email subject
- Rewrote License Info gathering to allow remote info gathering
- Misc minor tweaks/cleanup
Here’s a list of the requirements:
- Veeam v9
- PowerShell v2
- VMware Infrastructure hosting VMs
Script can be downloaded from here.